This is a super fun tag started from Hangukdrama, a blogger that I really look up to. Even though the post is a bit old, I wanted to do it on my blog, so I’m going to do it. I challenge everyone else who is learning Korean because it’s fun for you to personally see what motivates you to learn Korean. Even if you aren’t learning Korean, I hope this motivates you to learn Korean, or any other language you’ve been putting off.
Here is her original post: http://www.hangukdrama.com/21-question-tag-the-korean-learner-version/
1. Why Korean?
Korean dramas had a deep impact on my life. It sounds lame, but it really did. I wrote a blog post about this called How KDramas Changed My Life.
2 . Daum or Naver (dictionary I mean)?
I don’t really have a preference, but do I have the Naver dictionary on my phone.
3. First website that you visit every day?
4. Best thing that happened to you? (related to learning Korean)
Being able to meet other people who are learning Korean at school.
5. Ever regretted learning Korean?
Nope, only wish I could learn it faster.
6. Most common feedback/question you get when you say you are learning Korean?
“Why are you learning Korean?” I feel like this question is often said with a hint of disdain.
7. First Korean food that comes to your mind?
8. Most overrated Korean drama?
Descendants of the Sun. Still liked it a lot though. Wrote plenty of episode reviews for the drama.
9. Most underrated Korean drama?
The Master’s Sun!! Also wrote a posted called Why I Love The Master’s Sun. The first two and last paragraphs are spoiler-free, but the others have spoilers so I would stay away and watch the drama first! hehe
10.Latest milestone in learning Korean?
Writing a journal in Korean every day? I can introduce myself in Korean and attempt to use the honorific form.
11. Favorite Korean word / phrase?
에라 모르겠다 It’s a Big Bang song 😉
12. Name 3 people (fictional / real) who motivate / influence your Korean learning journey
Jung Eun-ji, Yoo Jae-suk, Song Joong-ki
People I want to meet that have inspired me to learn the language.
13. Secret ambition / goal (relating to Korean)
Meet Song Joong-ki and act in a drama with him (like Fatima in Descendants of the Sun). Or just becoming an actress in Korea works too.
14. I want to sound like _____ when I speak Korean
15. Best compliment received (for Korean)
“You sound like a native Korean!” -from a native Korean (when I sang Into the New World)
16. When is the last time you sat down and study Korean?
Last semester. I tried to study on my own, but I have little motivation to do so. I find it hard to motivate myself unless I am forced to (by the school and my peers).
17. Favorite textbook?
I’ve only gone through one Korean textbook haha.
18. Special people you met (online or otherwise) through Korean?
The most supportive people in class.
19. How has learning Korean changed you / your life?
It helped my GPA, it made me happier, and it gave me irreplaceable relationships with people.
20. Ever dreamt in Korean?
Yes. After watching Heirs I think. I dreamed that Lee Min-ho was carrying me through a hay maze. I spoke Korean and the people understood me even though I had no clue as to what I was saying (this was before I started learning Korean).
21. Single best thing about learning Korean?
Being able to write simple sentences in Korean and also being able to use sing in Korean (I use Everysing soo much now).