I kind of want to do a monthly favorite music post from now on, because I think it’ll be interesting to see what came out and when.
- In this month, Red Velvet released their new, “red” concept single titled Rookie. It is kind of weird when you first listen to it, but I can imagine it becoming another one of those songs that will get stuck in your head for a long time. (Update: I like this song a lot.)
- I am still listening to Yes No Maybe by Suzy, which I really enjoy. Sadly, the rest of Korea doesn’t feel the same. Still really like Pretend a lot! I feel like I can relate to it the more I listen to it.
- Also, still listening to the Goblin drama OST, because it’s so good! I feel like I’m in a movie when I listen to it. Love Stay With Me especially, and getting a little bit tired of the other songs at the moment.
- Got into a Zion.T sort of phase; just mainly listening to his music while doing homework since I feel like I have barely enough time to do anything else. 🙂 It’s nice and relaxing. He also released OO, his new album, late January or early February I believe.
- Love Is More Than Separation by Soyou and Junggigo. I actually like this song better than Some these days, because I haven’t heard it as much and I like the harmonies of their voices together.
- So My First and Last by my current favorite boy “group”, NCT Dream, came out today (February 8th) and I love it so much!! It’s so happy and the music video is so quality.
- Not K-pop, but I’ve been getting into TFBoys, especially since they remind me of NCT dream. Their songs are so peppy and a change from the normal Korean music that I always listen to.
- Aliee’s song for the drama Goblin, I Will Go to You Like the First Snow, was really nice this month! When I felt overwhelmed or just tired from the day, I could just slowly walk back to my dorm listening to this song.
- Taeyeon also came out with an album this month, but I haven’t gotten the chance to give it a proper listen, so I will have to do that sometime. Her single, Fine, isn’t really my jam at the moment, but I might grow to like it after a couple proper listens.
- TWICE and BTS both came out this month, which was met with a lot of hype. I think these groups will really represent the trends of K-pop for a couple more years to come. Their songs Knock Knock and Not Today, respectively, are pretty good. I really liked Knock Knock at the first listen, but now that I’m learning the dance to it, I’m starting to like it less and less…And sadly I’m not a huge BTS fan.
- I almost forgot about Soyou’s and Baekhyun’s duet, Rain. I was really anticipating this song! But sadly the chorus was a bit weird and something was missing in my opinion. Would still listen to this song though.
- The last song I’ve been listening to is not a song that was recently released. It’s Jessica’s That Person, You. A friend from my Korean class suggested that song to me and I could really relate to the lyrics.
Anyway, that’s pretty much it for the month of Feburary 2017! I actually really enjoyed doing this because I saw how long the month really was and how many songs were released that I enjoyed. I was actually surprised because I thought the month went by so quickly, but so many great songs were released. Anyway, hopefully I’ll be able to continue this series of “what is currently coming out/songs that I am currently enjoying”.