I’m always on the hunt for new and better writing utensils because writing makes up 80% of my life. I write pretty lightly on paper so I like thinner pens that come out well with little pressure.
Here is a list of the items in my pencil case:
- Muji Capped Gel-Ink Ballpoint Pens 0.38mm: These make up the bulk of my pen collection. I started off with a set of 9 colors (red, hot pink, pink, light green, turquoise, orange, blue, light blue, black), but I found myself reaching for the blue pen the most when taking notes, so I bought a set of blue Muji pens from Amazon. I like how they glide on the paper easily and its simplistic design is aesthetic and easy to carry around. I have also accidentally left one of my pens uncapped for a night and it was working perfectly fine afterward. I want to try out other Muji products in the future and I’m currently interested in the 3 color ballpoint pen.
- Other pens: BIC 4-color pen 0.7mm: I got this pen from a program I taught at over the summer and it was easy for me to grade in different colors. I actually put this pen in a compartment in my backpack, for assessability. Random university black ink pen 0.7mm: I like using this one for random writing and taking quick notes.
- Highlighters: For highlighters, I don’t really have a preference. I currently have a yellow Papermate intro and a blue Staples highlighter in my pencil case. I tend to like thinner highlighters as they don’t take up much space. I also like highlighters that make an assuring sound when they close because I’m so afraid that they’ll dry out. My favorite highlighter colors are yellow and blue, but I always make sure to have at least a yellow highlighter in my pencil case because it really makes a section of your notes stand out.
- Pencils: I have three types of pencils in my pencil case. My favorite are the BIC #2 0.5mm pencils. I like the gray color and the small size of the pencil, and how thin it writes. I also have a Pentel Wow! 0.5mm pencil that I won from a birthday party many years ago. Even though it is a bit bulky, I like the grip on this one. The last type of pencil I have in my case is a plain-old Papermate Sharpwriter #2 0.7mm pencil. I like to use it when I’m jotting something down quickly, because it feels nice in your hand and the eraser works great. I also like the design of this pencil, it looks like a wooden pencil.
- Eraser: I used to enjoy using the Pentel Hi-Polymer erasers because they erased so nicely. But for some reason, I keep losing erasers and I decided to go with a bright orange Whataburger eraser. It does its job and catches the eyes easily.
- Miscellaneous: Purple Surgical Marker: I recieved this from my sister, who volunteered at a hospital, and I just loved the color, so I kept it. Burt’s Bees mango lip balm: for when my lips feel dry, which is all the time. Micro SD adapter: to transfer phone photos to my computer quickly.